Assistant Assessor, MCAO
STATUS: FULL TIME – NON-EXEMPT
SALARY RANGE: $25 TO $30 HOURLY (DOQ)
OPENING DATE: IMMEDIATE
CLOSING DATE: UNTIL FILLED
Park Township, Ottawa County is seeking to hire a full-time Assistant Assessor, MCAO certification strongly desired. Works under direction of Assessor.
This position assists the assessor in performing the general and technical work involved in the appraisal and valuation of real and personal property, verifying measurements and building descriptions in the field, gathering data and photos for the development of the Assessment Roll. It also provides courteous and effective customer service to the public; answering phone, email and in person questions and helping with forms (PTA , PRE, Veterans, etc… . ). It assists other departments as needed and assists with the Board of Review.
- Associates degree or two (2) years of college coursework in business, real estate, finance or a related field; AND three (3) years of related experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience deemed necessary to satisfactorily perform all essential job functions .
- State of Michigan Certified Assessing Officer (MCAO) (2).
- State of Michigan Certified Personal Property Examiners (MCPPE).
- State of Michigan driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Knowledge of computer-assisted mass appraisal (CAMA) (BS&A)
- Intermediate proficiency with office computers and related applications.