Other Regulations

Other regulations or restrictions may apply to your project or property. Park Township requires that all permits be issued by the applicable agency prior to the issuance of a building permit.

The Michigan Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ) regulates any construction or excavation in critical dunes areas, high risk erosion areas and 100 year floodplain areas.

The Ottawa County Road Commission regulates any work in the road right of way. These permits are often called driveway permits.    Driveway permits are required any time a driveway is being connected  to a road (except private roads) or any other work is being done in the road right of way.

The Ottawa County Environmental Health Department regulates all wells and septic systems.

The Ottawa County Drain Commissioners’ Office regulates soil erosion. These permits are required any time there is excavating work being done within 500 feet of a body of water or if more than 1 acre of land is being disturbed.