Contact: Park Township Fire Department
Address: 12 S. 160th Ave, Holland, MI 49424
State law for any open burning done whenever the ground is not snow-covered requires burning permits. Go to: Burning Ordinance
From the DNR: Burn permits suspended across Michigan due to COVID-19
(Recreational fires in fire pits are allowed.)
To apply for a burning permit click: BURN PERMIT
You are asked to follow these requirements:
Open Burning: Requirements for open burning are regulated by State Law or local ordinances.
- Have water available at all times
- Burn only in calm weather (winds < 10mph)
- Do not burn on roads or bike paths
- Do not leave the fire unattended at any time
- Burn in small piles
- Completely extinguish your fire by 9pm.
You are NOT allowed to burn (even in a burning barrel):
- Leaves (including pine cones & acorns) and yard waste such as grass clippings, weeds, etc.
- Household waste (trash, garbage, plastic, paper, cardboard, etc.)
- Construction materials (2x4s, plywood, boards, carpet, plastic, roofing materials, etc.)
- Any type of structure or building for the purpose of demolition
- Commercial or industrial waste products
- Any other material that would cause a public nuisance