Building Inspector – Park Township in Ottawa County
Park Township is seeking a part-time Building Inspector or Building Official for 20-30 hours per week (mostly residential). This position requires registration with the State of Michigan as an Inspector and Plan Reviewer or have 4 years’ experience in 1 of the following categories*:
- A licensed residential builder
- A building contractor in charge of general building construction
- A skilled worker in structural carpentry, structural masonry, structural steel erection, or structural concrete construction who has been actively engaged in the general building construction field
- Possess a current license as an architect or engineer
- A project manager, superintendent, supervisor or foreman actively engaged in general building construction
- A licensed or registered building inspector from other states, Canada or other countries who holds a master or certified building official certificate from the International Code Council
* If hired, applicants that do not hold an existing State of Michigan Inspector License shall within 30 days of employment apply to the State Construction Code commission for provisional registration. Continued employment will be contingent on State licensing approval.
Must have extensive experience in construction, good people skills, computer skills, be physically able to perform necessary tasks of the job, and have a valid Michigan driver’s license. Competitive hourly wage of $30-$45 per hour depending on qualifications.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Park Township Manager Howard Fink at email@example.com, or 52 S. 152nd Ave, Holland, MI 49424. A complete job description may be obtained by clicking here or at the Park Township Offices. The deadline for first review of applications is January 28, 2019. Position will be open until filled. EOE