Election / Voting

Election & Voting Information

Contact: Clerk Skip Keeter or Deputy Clerk Daniele Dykens
Phone: 738-4230
Email: ddykens@parktownship.org

Proposal 3 Changes for Park Township Voters – voters statewide approved ballot proposal 3 which changes some of the laws around voter registration ad voting absentee.  Click here for more information.

7 FAQs About Voting and Voter Registration from Ottawa County Clerk’s Office

The link below offers voter registration information, absentee ballot status, precinct locations, sample ballots, and candidate or proposal information.

“Michigan Voter Info.”

Click on the link below to view a map of polling locations.

Polling Location: Michigan.gov and Precinct Map


NOTICE:  Absentee Voter Ballots

Due to a recent Michigan Court of Appeals ruling, residents will no longer automatically receive Absentee Voter Applications for each election unless you request the Park Township Clerk to place your name on a Permanent Absentee Voter List.

In order to receive an absent voter ballot application, a registered voter must make a verbal or written request.  You can do this by contacting the Park Township Clerk’s Office at 399-4520 or by submitting a written request to the Park Township Clerk at 52 – 152nd Avenue, Holland, Michigan 49424.  If you want to be placed on the Permanent Absentee Voter List, you must qualify for one of the required reasons (on a permanent basis).

Department Overview

The position of Clerk in Park Township is an elected one.  Some of the responsibilities of the Clerk include:

  • Keeping the Voter Registration File: The Clerk maintains the voter registration file for all registered voters in the township.
  • Elections:  Another function of the Clerk’s office is conducting ALL elections for the township.
  • The Clerk is also a voting member on the township board.
  • Accounts Payable
  • Payroll

NEW:All school elections will be held at your regular polling place.

General Voting Information & Frequently Asked Questions

Voter Eligibility

You are qualified to vote if:

  • You are a citizen of the United States.
  • You are at least 18 years of age on or before the day of election at which you seek to vote.
  • You have been a resident of Michigan for at least 30 days before the election.
  • You have registered to vote on or before the close of registration preceding the election at which you seek to vote.


How can I register?

  • At the office of your county, city, township, or village clerk.
  • At your Secretary of State driver’s license office
  • Secretary of State “renewal by mail”
  • State and federal mail-in forms

Change of Address?

  • If you move within your city, township or village, a change of address should be made with your local clerk or at a Secretary of State Branch Office. If you have not completed a change of address prior to Election Day, you will not lose your right to vote. A change of address card will be completed at the polling place when you vote.
  • If you move outside your city, township or village, a change of address should be made at a Secretary of State Branch Office. The change of address may be made by mail as well as in person.
  • Beginning April 1, 2000 a new law will require that the address on your driver license and the address on your voter registration record be the same. Therefore, if you submit a change of address on your driver license at a Secretary of State Branch Office and/or your local government office, the address on your voter registration record will automatically be changed as well and your new voter I.D. card will be sent.


What is the difference between a primary and a general election?

  • In a primary election the members of each party nominate candidates of their party for the general election. Voters may vote for candidates in one party only.
  • In a general election all voters elect officials from the party nominees and independent candidates. Voters may vote for candidates in more than one party.

How do I apply?

  • By contacting the clerk of your municipality, tell where the ballot must be mailed or delivered, give your present registered address and sign the application. Absentee Ballots can be mailed only to registration address or an address outside the community.
  • Each person who desires an absentee ballot must sign the application as ballots are sent or delivered only to those who sign.
  • Application can be made for one election only or for the primary election and general election, which follows on one form. Applications may not be accepted sooner than 75 days preceding the primary election.

If you have any further questions, please contact Daniele Dykens at 738-4230.