Contact: Township Office
The three member Park Township Board of Review meets in March to review property assessments, hear assessment appeals, and make any needed corrections to the assessment roll. They also meet in July and December to hear homestead appeals and also to correct clerical errors.
The first meeting in March is on the Tuesday following the first Monday of March. At this meeting they receive the Assessment Roll as prepared by the Assessor and they proceed to examine it.
The second meeting is on the second Monday of March. At this meeting they start to hear appeals from property owners.
The current members of the Board of Review are:
David Smeenge (Chairman), David Wendt, and Linda Dykert
- Members are appointed by the Township Supervisor and approved by the Trustees of Township Board to two-year terms with each term beginning on January 1st of an odd numbered year. There are no term limits.
Appealing Your Property Tax Assessment
- If, after receiving your annual property tax assessment notice in February, you feel the assessed value is more than 50% of what your property is actually worth, you may appeal the assessment and/or the taxable value to the Board of Review.
- Correspondence or phone message must be directed to the township office to the attention of the Board of Review.
How do I appear to the Board of Review?
You must telephone the Township Office at 399-4520 to make an appointment to appear before the Board of Review. If you are out of town during the Board of Review sessions, you may appeal in writing. Your correspondence must be postmarked no later than the Tuesday following the second Monday in March. Please down load the form from the Department of Treasury and include it with your correspondence.
What if I am not satisfied with the decision of the Board of Review?
- You have the right to file an appeal with the Michigan Tax Tribunal. Write to them stating you would like to appeal the decision of the local Board of Review. The appeal should be addressed to the Michigan Tax Tribunal, P.O. Box 30232, Lansing, MI 48909.
- The deadline for Commercial is May 31st, and for Agricultural and Residential is July 31st.