Burning permits are required by state law for any open burning done whenever the ground is not snow-covered. Permits are free and easy to obtain.
Call: 738-4234 or go to: Burn Permit Request Form
- Have water available at all times.
- Burn only in calm weather.
- Do not burn on roads or bike paths.
- Do not leave fire unattended.
- Burn in small piles.
- Completely extinguish by 9:00 p.m.
You are NOT allowed to burn:
- Leaves (including pine cones & acorns) and yard waste such as grass clippings, weeds, etc.
- Household waste (trash, garbage,
plastic, cardboard, etc.).
- Construction materials.
- Any type of structure or building for the
purpose of demolition.
- Commercial or industrial waste products.
- Any other material that would cause a public nuisance.