A lot happening at the airport, stop by and see what is going on… HIGHLIGHTS BELOW
- 63 registered pilots visited from 19 states MI, AZ, FL, OK, LA, AL, MT, TX, GA, PA, NV, IL, OH, IN, CO, WI, KY, TN, CA, MN.(local pilots don’t sign in) 182 fuel purchases
- 106 local middle and high school students attended the PTAHA FLIGHT NIGHT introduction to aviation program in the Historic Hangar. Students fly the certified Redbird Flight Simulator, sit at the controls of a plane and learn about aerodynamics.
- Coast Guard Auxiliary pancake breakfast attracted 180 hungry residents.
- 440 visitors came to the annual Airport Pancake Breakfast and Open House. Many pilots flew in, classic car owners showed their vehicles on the grass behind the aircraft.
- Civil Air Patrol MI-135 Al Johnson Legacy Squadron moved to the airport in March of 2019, to meet with and train cadets at an airport instead of in a conference room. Park Township Airport was their choice. The officers and cadets meet weekly in the Historic Hangar, and the CAP airplanes fly in for special training. 120 people attended the squadron dedication to WW2 veteran Al Johnson. The CAP awards event in August included Holland mayor Nancy DeBoer and state senator Roger Victory. The squadron of 29 young cadets has already doubled in size since moving to the Park Twp Airport.
- 60 members of the Michigan Powered Paragliders had a four day “Beach Run” fly-in/drive-in event. They camped out on the airport grass and flew their chutes around and out over Lake Michigan. Spectators and visitors were able to come onto the airport field and talk to the pilots and see their machines and flights.
- Local Scout troops restored the rustic wooded camping area on the airport property, and another group worked on the retaining wall and pavers around the T-33 jet memorial at the airport. Both were Eagle Scout projects, camp area by Owen Israels and the jet memorial by Anderson Bloemers.
- Too many other items to list including: Homecoming photos at the hangar, Hope College Rocket Launch, Air Natl Guard helicopter visit, West MI Aero RC airplane club, Fire Dept training, West MI Aviation Academy plane and helicopter rides…..
CLICK ON THE LINKS AT THE BEGINNING TO SEE EVENT PHOTOS